A smart city is a city that utilizes technology and data to improve the lives of citizens and businesses that inhabit it. These technologies use the Internet of Things (IoT). They are designed to help facilitate livability enhancements, discover business development opportunities, increase cost savings, and much more. Since our inception, Choice Business Connections has been partnering with cities across the United States to develop smart city technology solutions that deliver long-lasting benefits.
Understanding Smart Cities
Smart city projects are designed to increase economic development, citizen satisfaction, sustainability, and safety. The goal is to enable improvements across key drivers in the areas of infrastructure, the environment, security, parking, lighting, transit, pollution, disaster response, among others. In order to create safer communities, improve communication, reduce costs, and enhance public services, cities must start tapping into advanced IoT connectivity solutions.
Cities are using technology sensors to report outages in traffic lights, identify patterns in traffic, water main breaks, chemical leaks, and much more. They are also able to automatically identify and quickly dispatch repair crews to handle utility issues that may have not been noticed by citizens. Pre-emptive traffic signals assist law enforcement in improving response time in cases of emergencies.
Citizens safety is also being improved with the use of 4G LTE surveillance technology. All of these solutions provide real-time data by utilizing sensors and other hardware that transmit data and analytics over a 4G LTE wireless network. This information is valuable in increasing the development and investments into city infrastructure by understanding traffic patterns of citizens, including road congestion.
Since our inception, Choice Business Connections has been partnering with solution providers across the United States to help connect smart city technology solutions that deliver long-lasting benefits. Muti-WAN routers help extend network on streets, roadways, satellite offices, and more. Smart meters coupled with IoT connectivity on 4G LTE networks reduces the amount of time and overhead required to monitor and track remote devices. The vast expansion of 4G LTE networks has made it much more cost-effective to maintain access to city broadband as well as deploying these services for residents.
This is where Choice Business Connections comes in. We help solution providers wirelessly connect their IoT and M2M solutions and connected devices and gather vital data on water supplies, pollution, infrastructure, and traffic. Our clients can then utilize this data to reduce their customer’s environmental footprint, build more efficient buildings, improve road conditions, prevent accidents, improve disaster recovery, and deliver more reliable public transportation services.
Our Areas of Expertise
Choice Business Connections provides top-notch wireless connectivity services and management solutions for a wide variety of industries, including smart cities, through the most reliable cloud-based carrier integrated platform. Below is a quick look at what we are good at:
- Narrow-Band IoT (NB-IoT)
- IoT & M2M
- Mobile Internet & Data
- Voice Services
- International Calling & Data Plans
- Enterprise Mobility
- PTCRB Certification
- Static IP
Benefits of Wireless Connectivity Solutions for Smart Cities
Below is a non-exhaustive list of benefits that wireless connectivity solutions can unlock for smart cities:
- Real-time structural monitoring: Clients can monitor structural elements in real-time and improve infrastructure planning processes. In addition, they can reduce the number of manual inspections, which tend to incur costs.
- Sound water supply management: IoT enabled irrigation controllers allow our clients to control and/or monitor site-specific watering systems, facilitate remote adjustments, and detect leaks. This positively impacts sustainability goals due to reduced water wastage.
- Increase public safety: Individual lamp posts in the city can be transformed into our clients’ eyes and ears to enhance citizen safety. They can also address problems with greater speed and scale.
- Reduce overhead: Smart meters and monitoring devices connected to a 4G LTE network provide real-time analytics into end-user usage and billing details.
- Easy to deploy: Mobile broadband solutions are more available at a cost-effective price-point and can scale with the expansion of 4G LTE networks. Wireless networks provide more reliability nowadays with the improvements in upload and download speeds with limited latency.
Choose Choice Business Connections as Your Connectivity Vendor for Smart Cities Today!
In the United States, nearly 70 percent of the cities have started investing in smart city technology. Solution Providers installing RFID sensors, intelligent traffic signals, and smart meters in cities can leverage Choice Business Connections’ wireless connectivity and management solutions! Our company specializes in smart city IoT, M2M, data, and voice services, so everything you need for the city’s transformation can be found from a single source – us!
Are you looking for technology solutions that are made for simplifying wireless connectivity within smart cities? Make an appointment with Choice Business Connections to learn more!